• Séekiñg Shel†ër•
Here are a few shots I managed to click off on my crapberry during a night at Shelter Surf Shop in Long Beach, CA.  The event: Los Desperados Art Banditos. It went OFF in big way.
Walking into Shelter is like taking a step back in time. For a while now, I've heard rumors that it's a pretty sweet little shop...Whispers like "Man, I love that shop" and "It's right up your alley" have been slowly filling my mind with intrigue and wonder...
 Packed wall to wall with beer drinking surfnauts and babezillas, Shelter displayed a slew of painting on canvas, moonshine jugs, walls, surfboards, guitars, planks of wood.. you name it. Artists included: Greg Landers, Tom Vadakan, Candy, Alex Kratzev among others paint slayers.
As people got friendly, the talented Ray Barbee laid down some of his trademark looped riffs. He's quite the one man show --captivating happenin' dudes, fast women and mustachioed artmongers (like myself). 
Here's Ray letting loose. I've always been a huge geek for his music and the way he rolls. 
Definitely one of the most humble and genuinely friendly humans around. 
Here's my friend Nathan working on his own little duet- keep dreamin' little buddy.. 
keep dreamin'. Big thanks to the people at Shelter for putting on such a great evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment