• (dis) Åbli†ies •

Too many us take so many things for granted. 

Last weekend I was was fortunate enough to play spectator at an amputee rock-climbing and bouldering clinic in Joshua Tree. Attending the event had to be one of the most eye-opening experiences I've had in a while-- and I didn't even climb.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a limb. The physical part of is just sounds other worldly. But factoring in the mental side of things is what really boggled my brain. My head spun all afternoon thinking about what it would be like to lose one's confidence post-amputation then have the "Shit, I can do this" epiphany. It pretty much just left me scratching my head... and I consider myself luck to do just that

Appreciate your limbs and use them to the fullest. Why? Because you never know. 

i. indigenous
ii. parched pacman
iii. bionic
iv. reality evolv'd
v. life on mars
vi. inclined
vii. light climber




No comments:

Post a Comment